Thursday 19 June 2014

Book Review: A Family Affair

A Family Affair by Mary Campisi


When Christine Blacksworth's larger-than-life father is killed on an icy road in Magdalena, New York, a hundred miles from the 'getaway' cabin he visited every month, she discovers a secret that threatens everything she's always held to be true. Her father has another family which includes a mistress and a daughter. Determined to uncover the truth behind her father's secret life, Christine heads to Magdalena, prepared to hate the people who have caused her to question everything she thought she knew about her father. But what she finds is a woman who understands her, a half sister who cherishes her, and a man who could love her if she'll let him. The longer she's around them, the more she questions which family is the real one.
 
While I will be the first to admit that I am a sucker for romance, this book was so much more than your average love story. There are no words to describe how much I loved this book and how much it kept me intrigued. It was well written and interesting. It kept me thinking and guessing the whole time. While it is a novel that is centered around romance, in more ways than one, it is not the main focus. As most romance novels are there are several things that are rather predictable but that comes with the territory. There is a lot more happening in this novel than the normal love story. I absolutely fell in love with Nate. He has become one of my favourite male characters in any of the books that I have read recently. I know that there are more books in this series and I am very excited to read them (I just need to find them!) While I felt that there were a few things in this novel that moved a little bit too quickly, overall I think that it was a really great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment