Wednesday 21 May 2014

It's still an insult.

Why do guys think that because they insult a girl in a "polite" way that it is okay?

Okay, so maybe I'm generalising here but for the purpose of this blog post, I am going to relay my own experiences. Last night I was speaking to this guy on kik (I have no idea who he is) and he told me that I was exactly his type. I then proceeded to ask him what his type was and he said, "nice and thick." After extensive research (I gooogled it) I have come to discover that apparently "thick" can mean several different things. In my opinion however, it means that you are a big girl (overweight, whether by a small bit or a large bit).

I know that there are girls who like being called that. I am not one of them. I know that I am a big girl. I don't need to be reminded of that. Maybe this guy didn't mean anything by it but this is just one incident. I have had guys, on more than one occasion, tell me that they like me because I am big. Well I'd rather they didn't. I do not like the way that I look and I'm trying to change that. I don't know if they think that by saying that I'll feel better about myself; if that's what they're trying to do. I don't know. I am not a guy and I do not pretend to know what goes on inside their heads. I just felt like I needed to vent about this because too many guys say this and it's not okay.

If you like me then that's great (it's a miracle really) but don't say that it's because I'm fat. An insult disguised as a compliment is still an insult.




No comments:

Post a Comment