Monday 19 May 2014

Music Video Review: You & I

You & I by One Direction

This is one of my favourite One Direction music videos. It is so simply done but yet so amazing. I love that at the beginning of the music video, the sign that displays the opening times is used to display the director of the video (let it be noted that Ben Winston is actually a genius!). While all of the guys in One Direction have amazing hair, Niall and Zayn's hair is absolutely incredible in this video. I love how they are all wearing the same jumper at the beginning of the video and then only change towards the end when they are all together. This, along with the transitions between members also gives the illusion of one person singing. I also love how they are singing directly to the cameras as this makes it feel as though they are singing directly to you as a viewer. The transitions between members are also done very well. When I saw the first one between Niall and Liam, I knew that this music video would be even better than anticipated. I think that my favourite of these transitions are Liam changing into Harry, Harry changing into Zayn and Louis changing into Harry. I think that these were all done incredibly well. I also love how all of the transitions were different and they weren't just the same ones recycled over and over again. I don't know about the little run that Harry gives in the video, when he is singing by himself, I am not sure of the relevance, but this is just a personal opinion. I love it towards the end when the members find themselves frozen and they jump into their 'statue' and carry on moving. I think that this has been done very well and it keeps the music video going. I understand that some people were disappointed because most people wanted a close up of Zayn singing his high note but I understand that perhaps this wasn't possible for whatever reason. I think having the members play with the colourful balls at the end of the music video was such a great idea because it brings out the fun side of them which is shown on stage and in their interviews and it breaks the seriousness of the video. The video is beautiful and perfect and definitely something that everyone involved can be proud of.




No comments:

Post a Comment